Friday, February 3, 2012

When you awaken with a headache ...


You know those days ... you awaken as if a bulldozer had decided to back over your head.

Your mood is as dark as the inside of an unopened vienna sausage can.

Your energy level has been in the minus column for so long it needs a GPS to find its way back.

In short, planet earth is not where you feel called to be on that particular morning.



Even coffee doesn't help ... much.

Just say 'help' to God.

Just say 'good grief' to God.

It almost is immaterial what you say, just communicate with God.

I find that when I am in life's landfill on particularly de-energized mornings, it is helpful to just lay out the facts to God as I see them.  He usually doesn't blink.

Not that my morning suddenly gets new and shiny again.  Not that my morning puts on a super-hero cape.

But it does get a little better.  Has something to do with the Holy Spirit blasting through my coma, I suspect.



Did I mention that I am glad he made coffee?   I believe he understands us.





4 comments:

Jerry said...

now you're talkin' bout that headache i had a few days ago

T R Blankenship said...

Jerry, LOL! it seems to happen to us all from time to time ... :-)

Anonymous said...

... thinking makes my head hurt. I made start a new blog called "A Non-thinking Christian."

T R Blankenship said...

LOL! I am often a non-thinking Christian so I might be able to write that blog too !!